Have you ever wondered what features buyers want and would help to sell your home faster?
Zillow did and they put together a survey of over 2 million homes sold between January 2014 and March 2016. They looked at design features that sold homes at the best price and shortest listing times.
Below is their list of 15 top design features:
- Outdoor Kitchens – sold 19 days faster
- Tank-less Water Heaters – sold 43 days faster
- Kitchen Backsplash – sold 46 days faster
- Granite Countertops – sold 38 days faster
- Stainless Steel Appliances – sold 42 days faster
- Heated Floors – sold 28 days faster
- Frameless Showers – sold 38 days faster
- Pendant Lights – sold 48 days faster
- Exposed Brick – sold 36 days faster
- Craftsman Style Home – sold 14 days faster
- Quartz Counters – sold 50 days faster
- Subway Tiles – sold 63 days faster
- Farmhouse Sinks – sold 58 days faster
- Shaker Style Cabinets – sold 45 days faster
- Inner Barn Doors – sold 57 days faster
This was a national compilation of homes sold, and obviously every city is going to have its own quirks. However, you can get a good idea of just what caught buyers’ eyes that helped sell homes a little faster than average.
The point of this article is this, if you are in the market to do upgrades on your home, consider what has caught buyers’ eyes, and see if it fits your home’s style. If not, don’t worry about it. Something caught your eye about your home, and that, or something even better will catch the next buyer’s eye.
If you are ready to list your home for sale, give Sonja a call at 661-679-9000, or email her at [email protected].