No matter the season, staging, or the concept of showing your Mammoth Lakes home at its best, even more important. Follow these tips to make your home irresistible:
- Make every surface shine – shine bathroom fixtures, stove, refrigerator, faucets
- Clean off your front porch – sweep away all those leaves in the corners
- Clean, Clean, Clean – everything from light fixtures and bulbs to baseboards
- Place fresh flowers on the dining room table
- Remove all clutter from the house and depersonalize – put it in storage or a friend’s garage, take down all your personal pictures. Buyers want to picture their belongings in their new house, not yours.
- Burn potpourri or bake something to leave out for potential buyers, a soft scent to make the buyer feel welcome
- Leave every light on and every interior door open
- Take advantage of natural light – Encourage showing during daylight hours; have all curtains and blinds clean and open
- Wash the windows! – Buyers act on first impressions; the strong winter sun can reveal grime and turn away prospective buyers
- Create a little atmosphere by playing music softly in the background – tune the radio to a classical station, turn it down so that you barely hear it in the background.
- Show off hardwood floors – pull up that wall-to-wall carpeting, clean the floors, pull up all the throw rugs, show the wood!
- Freshen the walls – at a minimum, clean the walls, top to bottom. If that isn’t good enough, give them a fresh coat of paint. That is the quickest and fastest way to freshen up a room.
- Use the rule of 3 – Three items per surface, in every room. Make it look uncluttered and clean by doing this.
If you are ready to sell your Mammoth Lakes home, I can help you get it on the market. Call me today at 661-979-9000 or email me at [email protected] for more information.
Clean, Clean, Clean
Use the rule of 3